Jan 11, 2011

Renewing your Visa in Korea!

So this is something that nearly every one of us EPIK Public School teachers, who is not renewing with EPIK *sniff sniff yes thats us too*and who is heading back home etc, will have to do in the next few weeks to make sure we don't get illegally kicked out of the country. Reason being, the very clever Korean Government has our visa's expire on the 17th Feb but our contracts with our schools only end on the 25th Feb...leaving 8 days of illegal stay! Weird, but I'm sure they have their reasons, anyway!

I just got back from the Immigration office after hours of waiting in queues to give you guys the heads up so you don't have to wait around like I did, aren't I nice :)

Here are the documents you will need to get the tiny little bit or writing put onto your ARC card to allow you to stay in the country for up to 2 weeks:

So...thats it :) All you got to do, if you want to save yourself some time, go to this website *click here* to reserve your visit, fill in the  application form on the above site. Get yourself to the Immigration Office:

Address : 150 Mokdong-gil, Jung-gu, Daejeon Metropolitan City

Location : across from Sun Hospital in Mok-dong (bus: 107, 514, 601, or 604)

Go to the little booth to the right of the main doors to get your W30 000 worth of 'stamps' that get stuck on your form, then get in the queue (which you ca avoid by clicking here) and then you get the little bit of black ink which allows you to stay in the country until your contract ends.

Easy peasy right :)

*You can extend your visa for free at the Immigration office if you plan on staying on after your contract ends, for up to 30 days. Cool hey! And its for frizzle! Just bring the same application form as above, your passport, arc card, contract and your E-TICKET!*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.