Nov 3, 2010

Hobbies: Wood~making!



Walking around the neighborhoods here in Korea, you will have come across these seemingly strange DIY buildings/shops/rooms filled with Korean people getting down and dirty with paint, wood, and other craft gear. The other day I went into one just down the road from my house with my co-teacher to find out what happens in there :)



After having a peek at all the gorgeous, hand made stuff, Cindy gave me the low down. Basically, a course costs W300 000 (thats about $300 or R2 100) to make 10 small things that you choose. So, not too bad I was thinking..BUT...then you need to pay another W400 000 ($400) for the tools, paint and other bits and bobs needed to actually start the course. Ummm, I'm not sure about you but W700 000 is a bit out of my price range for a hobby (well considering what I was going to put down to start our website its not that bad hehe).


So, a bit of info for those of you that wondered what went on in those shops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment